Our editors do not just work on your grammar and syntax, they go beyond to improve the overall quality of your writing.
This they do by checking for:
Clarity, sharpness and precision
Our editors cut down/edit sentences when they are:
- too verbose (say the same thing using too many unnecessary words);
- too long, causing confusion to the reader (too many clauses in the same sentence);
- not parallel in structure,;
- using passive voice inappropriately.
- using awkward sounding, sentences, not native-like in expression.
Consistency in spelling, punctuation, font, numbering
When editing, our editors make changes in case of incorrect:
- spelling: Use either American or British,
- capitalization, font, numbering, making lists.
Subject-specific vocabulary and academic style
Our editors are qualified and experienced to think critically and use their academic intuition to get a "feel" for your project's meaning and intention. As such, they:
-Delete or revise any sentences that are off topic, sound non-academic, repetitive or technically inappropriate
If unsure of the meaning:
-our editors use their general knowledge and their English language skills to correct (if necessary, they refer to the Internet for relevant information and rewrite the passage. In extreme cases, they leave comments in the form of advice to the author/s).